Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Public Service Announcement

I will interrupt this ridiculously long overdue series to announce that we may or may not be moving HOME almost a full year early.

This caught both of us by surprise but Gordon just "happened" to be talking to the detailer (guy in charge of who moves where) asking him about making a dream sheet for next transfer season. I guess he just had some questions since it is our first time doing this and he mentioned that we really want to be stationed in Corpus Christi. The detailer said, "Well if it's Corpus you want, you can move there now! All you need is command approval." NO WAY.

I must say I have run through the entire gamut of emotions.  At first this just sounded insane and I could have easily said no. I mean, hello, we own our house!!! Will it sell in a reasonable amount of time? My parents have oh so graciously said we can live with them pretty much as long as we need to but still. Plus, I kinda feel like this is stealing our last 10 months away from our friends here. I mean, it will be hard no matter when we move but still. Plus, this house has lots of memories... ok that one's not as big of a deal. I walked in knowing that we would not live here forever but for a couple seconds it made me sad ;) Most of all, this was not part of my plan!! I'm not so good with sudden changes. You could approach me and say we won a billion dollars and my first reaction would be to call you crazy, say that's not possible, and a million other negative thoughts all because you interrupted my safe little bubble. LOL

BUT, the more I think about it and the more time that passes, this would be perfect in SOO many ways.
1. This would guarantee we get to move home. If we wait for next summer we may or may not get it.
2. We would not have to try to live here while showing our house. (yikes!!)
3. My mom is still not working so we will be able to really live that up.
4. If we get pregnant, I will get to be at home for the whole pregnancy and the grandparents will get to experience that more.
5. If we then have another baby, the grandparents won't miss long periods of time in between visits.
6. We will be home for the holidays!!! We were not planning on driving home this year because we have used up so much leave lately.
7. We would also be home for both the girls' birthdays :)
8. We may even get there when its still warm enough to swim.
9. The girls can ride their bike endlessly on my parents' driveway.
10. This will guarantee we move to somewhere where we have friends, hehe.

Those are the big reasons I guess... I'm getting pretty excited but still feeling very cautious until its completely sure and we get those orders ;)  I'm sure I will be a basket case as I start thinking about saying goodbye to our friends here but I'm trying to not think of that part. Would you pray with us that God will open and close the doors according to His will?  We haven't told the girls either, waiting for that time where there is no reasonable doubt. Addison is going to be SOO excited but when the realization comes that she will be far from her friends it is going to hit her HARD. Trying not to think about that part either...

No comments:

Post a Comment